Posts Tagged prenatal
This is a little prenatal yoga DVD review from the website that sells this DVD. Now I did not see the DVD but if YOU did please let us know and leave a comment at the bottom of this review so other pregnant women can benefit of it.
I always enjoy watching prenatal yoga DVDs as it makes me relax and feel good about my body so I do encourage you get a prenatal yoga DVD as it also is a great way of learning yoga and what you can not do when you are pregnant.
The women who bought this prenatal yoga DVD had the following to say:
The things I found most useful were
- Reference to baby throughout the practice this is something some prenatal instructors fail to bring forward very well. This is the beauty of having a prenatal yoga class just for moms- To really honor the baby throughout the practice. For example, even saying lift the baby was so pertinent to a woman who may not even know how to use her abs by the 3rd trimester. But lifting the baby may make more sense.
- Easy to follow particularly with the set up of the mats and movement to face the tv. There is nothing worse than a good content dvd but difficult to follow because it was made for people actually watching and doing the practice.
- The little option box off to the side for some poses was really useful (using the chair, strap, etc.)
- The sequencing was perfect and I liked that you went back to the beginning poses at the end.
- The most important aspect was the why we do these poses that you integrated at the beginningend of each section and throughout the poses. It really helps women understand why their hips need to be flexible or legs strong.
- I liked that you showed how to transition to the floor from seated to lying down (using arms). Some women really dont know how to do this. Same with the pelvic floor exercises great to integrate these throughout.
- Finally, I teared right up with the thank yous at the end with your families. Such a nice sweet blessing to share.
There are some more reviews on the website go here to read them all prenatal yoga DVD